In 2008 the World Economic Forum (WEF) named Carola Ferstl a “Young Global Leader”. This makes her part of a select group of worldwide dignitaries who have made an important contribution to society in their professional life.
Since Summer 2014 she is also am Member at the Womens Leadership Board at Harvard Kennedy School. The Women’s Leadership Board holds biannual board meetings on the Harvard campus each spring and fall. These meetings are designed to inform members of current programs and research being undertaken at the Women and Public Policy Program concerning the advancement of women and girls globally, to provide for interaction with current and future emerging women leaders and to enhance awareness of related work undertaken by WLB members in their individual arenas.
Carola Ferstl, a successful business journalist and TV presenter, co-founded the Learn Money charity with business leaders and fellow YGLs, Carolina Müller-Möhl, Miriam Staub-Bisang and Henrik Naujoks. The charity’s goal is to talk to children about money early on and to give young people better access to finance-related education.
As a contribution to the WEF initiative ‘Redesign our World’ they taught children from a Swiss high school during the World Economic Forum 2010 in an extended lesson how exciting the economy can be. The program was supported by well-known leaders, such as Nobel Peace Laureate Professor Muhammad Yunus and several international CEOs.
Since 2012, there have been special school programs across Germany as part of the Global Learn Money Week.
- SOS Summercamp 2014 in Caldonazzo/Italy in Cooperation with Incore/KPMG
- LearnMoney Week 2012-2014
- 20th AIDS Gala at Deutsche Oper Berlin 2013
- „Gala – Ein Herz für Kinder“ 2013
- Charity Gala Sheba Medical Center, Parlamentarische Gesellschaft Berlin 2013
- WEF-Initiative for Learn Money e.V. with Prof. M. Yunus 2010 in Davos
- Rose Carreras Leukemia Gala 2012 in Leipzig Charity Dinner 2011 on behalf of AtemWeg, Foundation for Research on Lung Diseases
- “FOCUS-Award Schule macht Zukunft“ since 2001
The mother of three lives with her husband in Berlin. In her spare time she loves to travel to remote places by the sea, has been practicing yoga for several years, and writes about her experiences.